The EFC Scholarship Program is now accepting applications from February 27, 2023, with a deadline of June 9, 2023. This program, sponsored by Electro-Federation Canada (EFC) and its members, aims to support the future leaders of the Canadian Electrical industry. This industry is at the forefront of innovation, with individuals who are revolutionizing the use of electrical products in Canadian homes, workplaces, and recreational spaces.
The EFC Scholarship program offers financial assistance to post-secondary students interested in pursuing a career in the Electrical industry. Whether you aspire to become an Electrical Engineer, Electrical Technologist/Technician, or work in fields such as Industrial Distribution, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain/Operations, Logistics, Data Analytics Management, or Information Technology, this program can provide valuable support for your academic journey.
Choosing a career in the Electrical industry will create a safer and more environmentally sustainable future for Canadians. This industry is dedicated to developing new approaches and technologies that enhance the way electrical products are utilized in various aspects of everyday life. If you are passionate about positively impacting this dynamic and vital sector, take the first step toward your future by applying for up to three scholarships through the EFC Scholarship Program.
Scholarship Provider: Electro-Federation Canada (EFC)
About the Provider
Electro-Federation Canada (EFC) is an organization that plays a significant role in supporting and advancing the Canadian Electrical industry. Committed to promoting innovation, sustainability, and growth within the sector, EFC collaborates with its members to drive positive change and shape the future of the industry.
As a collective voice representing manufacturers, distributors, and representatives of electrical and electronics products in Canada, EFC serves as a platform for industry professionals to connect, collaborate, and share knowledge. By fostering collaboration and networking opportunities, EFC facilitates the exchange of ideas, promotes best practices, and encourages continuous learning within the electrical community.
One of the notable initiatives spearheaded by EFC is its scholarship program, aimed at nurturing the next generation of leaders in the Electrical industry. This program provides financial support to post-secondary students who are passionate about pursuing careers in various sectors related to electrical engineering and technology. From Electrical Engineering to Industrial Distribution, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain/Operations, Logistics, Data Analytics Management, and Information Technology, the EFC scholarship program encompasses a wide range of disciplines within the industry.
By offering scholarships, EFC recognizes and supports the academic endeavors of students who show potential and dedication to making a difference in the electrical field. The program not only provides financial assistance but also serves as a gateway to connect students with industry professionals, mentors, and potential employers, opening doors to valuable networking and career opportunities.
Furthermore, EFC actively engages with its members to address industry challenges, promote industry standards, and foster innovation. By collaborating with stakeholders, conducting research, and advocating for policies that support growth and sustainability, EFC strives to create a thriving environment for the Canadian Electrical industry.
Electro-Federation Canada (EFC) is a vital organization that plays a crucial role in advancing the Canadian Electrical industry. Through its various initiatives, including the scholarship program, EFC supports aspiring students, encourages collaboration, and promotes innovation, ultimately contributing to the growth and success of the industry as a whole.
- Applicant’s Nationality: Canada
- Degree level: Postgraduate or Diploma
- Field: Engineer, Industrial Distribution, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain/Operations, Logistics, Data Analytics Management, or Information Technology, Electrical Tech
- Duration: NA
- Number of Awards: 60
- Scholarship Country: Canada
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, interested applicants must meet the criteria for the awards:
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- Completed at least one year of study at a recognized university or college in Canada.
- Maintained a minimum average of 75%*.
- Enrolled in a full-time eligible post-secondary degree or diploma program for 2023.
- Must be attending school during the Fall 2023/Winter 2024 semesters.
- Applicants are limited to a maximum of three scholarships.
- Specific criteria for member-sponsored scholarships:
- Review the requirements for each individual scholarship sponsored by EFC members.
- EFC University & College scholarships:
- EFC will award 12 scholarships worth $1,000 each to all applicants.
Please note that specific criteria may apply to the scholarships sponsored by individual EFC members. It is recommended to review the requirements for each scholarship to ensure eligibility. By offering these scholarships, EFC aims to support and recognize the academic achievements and potential of students pursuing careers in the Electrical industry.
- Application submission: Applicants must complete and submit their scholarship application within the specified deadline.
- Eligibility review: The scholarship committee reviews the applications to ensure that candidates meet the eligibility criteria, such as Canadian citizenship or permanent residency, completion of the first year of study at a recognized Canadian university or college, and a minimum average of 75%.
- Document verification: The committee verifies the authenticity of the provided documents, such as transcripts, proof of enrollment, and any additional required documentation.
- Evaluation of academic performance: The academic achievements and performance of the applicants are carefully assessed, considering factors such as grades, course load, and academic awards or honors.
- Consideration of personal statements or essays: Applicants may be required to submit personal statements or essays as part of their application. These statements are evaluated to assess the candidate’s motivation, career goals, leadership potential, and alignment with the values of the Electrical industry.
- Selection committee review: A selection committee, comprised of industry professionals and EFC representatives, reviews and evaluates the applications based on the established criteria and the scholarship’s specific requirements.
- Finalist and interviews including disbursements of funds.
Over 60 scholars will be awarded for the fall of 2023 and the availability of the funds will be discussed after the final interview of the applicants.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until June 9, 2023.