Air France – KLM Flying Blue is altering some frequent flier program advantages, and I used to be shocked to obtain this e mail at this time that referred to “evolving” advantages from March 28, 2023.
Plainly the modifications Flying Blue is rolling out modifications that primarily take care of paid seating that turns into free for Silver members the day earlier than departure and for Gold members three days earlier than. There are not any modifications in Platinum member advantages.
You may entry Flying Blue’s web page for the modifications right here.
Do not forget that Flying Blue is the frequent flier program for Air France and KLM, Transavia, Air Calin, Kenya Airways, and Tarom.
Beginning 28 March 2023, we’ll proceed to the replace of a few of your Flying Blue advantages. Adjustments will fluctuate relying in your present Flying Blue standing.
- Get pleasure from a hard and fast 10% low cost in your first additional bag.
- Paid seats develop into freed from cost the day earlier than departure (DBD), as an alternative of a reduced fare.
- Get pleasure from a assured 25% low cost on lounge entry up till the day earlier than departure.
- Paid seats develop into freed from cost 3 days earlier than departure (DBD), as an alternative of a reduced fare.
- Financial system Consolation turns into free when requesting it 3 days earlier than departure, as an alternative of a reduced fare.
- There are not any modifications to your advantages.
This transformation ensures that extra passengers sit on the “premium” financial system seats that had been beforehand solely free for Platinum members however quickly free for all Flying Blue elites.
General, these modifications are good, and Silver and Gold members should spend extra time on KLM’s and Air France’s web sites selecting their seats nearer to departure.
Ceaselessly requested questions by Flying Blue:
1. As a Silver or Gold member, how do I get the seat I need totally free, when will it’s possible to get it and the way?
As a Gold/Silver member, to get pleasure from complimentary paid seats, you have to wait till 72h/24h earlier than departure time. Inside this time window, it is possible for you to to pick out the seat you need with 100% low cost from the seatmap (both through My Journey or instantly throughout check-in stream).
2. Can Flying Blue assure the seat I need?
In order for you a really particular seat, we advise you to pick out it as quickly as attainable and buy it prematurely (should you’d favor to not look ahead to the 72h/24h time window that lets you get pleasure from your seats totally free).
After getting chosen your seat, we do our greatest to ensure the seat allocation. In case of disruption, chances are you’ll not get the seat you chose, and we’ll do our greatest to allocate an identical seat to you.
3. As an Elite Plus member, what do I’ve to do to safe an empty seat subsequent to me?
The one approach to assure a free seat subsequent to you is to purchase an extra seat. On European Enterprise Class, some seats have the center seat empty.
1. As I can now not get a reduction on lounge entry, do I nonetheless have the likelihood, as an Explorer member, to pay the doorway charges in money or Miles prematurely or on my day of departure?
Low cost isn’t relevant anymore, however different guidelines apply as regular.
You should buy a paid entry on full fare with money and/or Miles, prematurely or on the day of departure.
2. As a Silver member, the ‘day earlier than departure’ low cost doesn’t exist anymore, can I get a reduction after I enter the lounge?
No, to utilize the low cost, lounge entry should be paid at the very least 25 hours prematurely.
3. As a Gold member, my youngsters are now not routinely allowed. What do I’ve to do to get my household into the lounge?
You may enter the lounge freed from cost with 1 visitor (little one or grownup). Any extra visitor can enter with a paid lounge entry.
1. Is my golfbag accepted as my first piece of baggage?
Sure. Relying in your tier, you should utilize this as your first checked bag with 10% low cost. Any extra checked baggage follows customary procedures.
2. For Explorer members, why did you adapt the €10 low cost into 10% for the primary bag?
The as much as 10 euros low cost was not at all times relevant. Relying on the route and interval, it was both 5 euros or 10 euros. With this evolution, we’re making issues easier by at all times making use of a ten% low cost, which stands for a lovely profit compared to different loyalty programmes.
1. As a member, is my major curiosity within the programme to earn industrial Miles?
No, not solely. Please see reply to query “What remains to be in it for me to enroll?”.
2. Why are you adapting the principles on advantages?
We adapt the programme guidelines and advantages on occasion to stay engaging and aggressive.