EPCOT began because the worst park for getting Walt Disney World’s Genie+ service, however has improved huge time due to additions to the experience roster. There’s Lightning Lane line-skipping entry to 11 points of interest, a number of of which can prevent appreciable time ready. This information ranks all of them by way of wait instances and the way shortly alternatives run out. (Up to date March 9, 2023.)
There are two huge adjustments at EPCOT which have resulted on this shift. The primary is larger crowd ranges which have include Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. That new family-friendly Marvel curler coaster is not a part of Genie+, however it has elevated demand for EPCOT, rising wait instances throughout the board.
Extra considerably, there have been adjustments to the Lightning Lane lineup–and two enormous additions–that make shopping for Genie+ extra advantageous at EPCOT, particularly for households with young children. (Or actually anybody who enjoys traditional darkish rides.) This put up breaks that down, and how one can take full benefit of Lightning Lanes at EPCOT.
EPCOT is nice at absorbing crowds…it’s simply gentle on headliner points of interest. That’s the issue with Genie+ on a low to reasonably busy day–you gained’t save sufficient time on the overwhelming majority of eligible points of interest to make the acquisition definitely worth the cash except you’re Park Hopping. It’s additionally arguably not definitely worth the time, as Genie+ will power you to criss-cross the park somewhat than doing issues as you naturally arrive to them whereas navigating usually.
Throughout peak season, it’s a distinct story as ~6 of the ten Genie+ Lightning Lane points of interest can have vital wait instances all through the day which might be value skipping. This isn’t to say you can purchase Genie+ on these days, however somewhat, that it is best to solely purchase it, if in any respect, on days with peak crowds. That actually means solely 9/10 or 10/10 days. This contains everything of Spring Break, Easter, Summer time, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New 12 months’s Eve, MLK Day, Presidents’ Day, Mardi Gras, and different peak journey instances.
If you wish to skip Genie+ solely, seek the advice of our 1-Day EPCOT Itinerary, which covers how one can accomplish every thing even in case you’re staying off-site and don’t wish to spend something additional on Genie+ or Particular person Lightning Lanes. It additionally presents nice “zig after they zag” recommendation to flip the script on World Showcase and Future World.
Additionally, in case you’re staying on-site, the one factor we extremely suggest is Early Entry. Take a look at our latest Early Entry at EPCOT: Higher Than Genie+ put up–the title says all of it. Considerably earlier opening instances present an enormous benefit to early risers, as does having the ability to hit headliners in linear order with out backtracking, which is commonly required when utilizing Genie+ and Lightning Lanes. That may imply a number of strolling when utilizing the line-skipping service, which suggests the time saved not ready in line might be greater than offset concerning the additional time spent strolling across the parks.
To that finish, we (as soon as once more) suggest testing Finest Time-Saving Methods for Walt Disney World, which is the results of in depth ‘testing’ to find out the most effective and worst methods to beat the crowds.
When you can’t swing getting up and out the door earlier than park opening, Prolonged Night Theme Park Hours at EPCOT is nice for eligible company. That’s often on Monday nights and goes till 11 pm or midnight, relying upon regular hours. Virtually all open points of interest are walk-ons throughout Prolonged Night Hours. These additional hours additionally provide entry to a 3rd digital queue entry time for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
However again to the unique level of this put up. The aim is to provide the instruments and information it’s good to create your personal itinerary with Genie+, somewhat than counting on our 1-Day EPCOT Genie+ and Lightning Lanes Plan. Or, you’ll be able to make the most of “a better of each worlds” strategy, consulting that pre-made plan and the rankings right here so that you perceive the why of it, and may alter the itinerary to account on your Advance Eating Reservations, most well-liked showtimes, whether or not you wish to decrease strolling distances, and so on.
Moreover, see our Information to Genie+ at Walt Disney World & Lightning Lane FAQ for all the foundational need-to-know information about this substitute totally free FastPass+. This entire system is complicated and convoluted, so that you may need a query or two-dozen. That solutions all the most typical ones we’ve been receiving from readers.
Additionally, this presents experience priorities for Lightning Lanes by way of Genie+ and not Particular person Lightning Lanes (ILL), that are pay-per-ride. At current, the one ILL attraction for EPCOT is Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. Beforehand, each Frozen Ever After and Remy’s Ratatouille Journey had been additionally an ILL points of interest. These have each moved right down to the Genie+ lineup (completely), bettering that experience roster.
We’re not eager on shopping for a la carte entrance of line entry, so we suggest doing ILL points of interest very first thing within the morning or in direction of the tip of the evening. See our Digital Queue Technique Information for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind for the secrets and techniques to success with that. For the final a number of months (since actually final August), we’ve been anticipating the digital queue to be retired “very quickly.” Nicely, that ought to lastly occur by April 2023, as a result of debut of TRON Lightcycle Run at Magic Kingdom. It appears unlikely that Walt Disney World will make the most of two digital queues without delay, even when they’re in numerous parks.
Now, on with the present & experience rankings for Genie+ at EPCOT…
The Better of Genie+ at EPCOT
1. Remy’s Ratatouille Journey – The latest Genie+ attraction at EPCOT, and second-newest experience in all of Walt Disney World. That may seemingly make this the apparent #1 Genie+ Lightning Lane choice at EPCOT, however this has really bounced round a bit. Within the final a number of months, Remy’s Ratatouille Journey has emerged as the commonest #1 precedence, and the Lightning Lane you gained’t have an opportunity to e-book in case you select one thing else along with your first choose.
2. Check Monitor – This older attraction has gained floor with Genie+ in the previous couple of months, and what seems to be taking place is that the 2 all ages points of interest are “splitting the #1 alternatives,” so to talk. Which means that households are selecting both the Rat Trip or Frozen Ever After, diluting the recognition of every as a primary choice. In the meantime, Check Monitor is the one high-profile thrill experience, so it’s prioritized by nearly all company wanting that sort of attraction.
3. Frozen Ever After – Remy’s Ratatouille Journey is now the clear #1 at EPCOT, with Check Monitor and Frozen Ever After just about tied for #2. There’s barely any distinction between them, however there’s a slight one. Briefly, your finest shot at acquiring Lightning Lanes for the whole trio is reserving Remy’s Ratatouille Journey #1, Check Monitor #2, and Frozen Ever After #3.
Even that requires a number of luck and crowd ranges to be in your favor. If skipping the road for Frozen Ever After is important, it is best to transfer this as much as #2, as there’s a powerful probability you’ll not get this Lightning Lane in case you select Check Monitor at #2. You in all probability will not get all 3 in a single day (we’d put the probabilities of success at below 50%), however all the relaxation ought to be doable in a single day.
4. Soarin’ Across the World – As soon as the longest wait time in EPCOT, it’s turn into much less common lately and had one other theater added to assist soak up crowds. It shouldn’t be too tough to safe this into the afternoon, so you have got slightly flexibility in reserving this strategically relying upon your most well-liked return time and private priorities.
5. Mission: Area – Right here’s the place we enter “solely essential in excessive crowds” nation. On a low or reasonably crowded day, Mission: Area can have a brief or nonexistent wait and Genie+ gained’t be essential. On busier days, having a Lightning Lane time reserved may prevent 30-60 minutes right here.
6. Spaceship Earth – That is all the time a difficult one, as Spaceship Earth’s wait time fluctuates dramatically even on busier days. Attributable to its prominence as company enter the park, it nearly all the time has a for much longer wait time within the first half of the day, and a brief wait in afternoon and night. Once more, nonetheless a worthwhile Lightning Lane choice when crowds are excessive.
7. Dwelling with the Land – By the point you get to make this Lightning Lane choice, return instances will hopefully be within the early night hours. The one time that is going to be a helpful experience reservation is through the vacation season, when the Merry & Shiny overlay retains it common at evening. When you’re going every other time of 12 months, this Lightning Lane is just not essential. Dwelling with the Land will doubtless be a walk-on since its wait time is shortest at evening–even with peak season crowds.
8. Journey Into Creativeness – Roughly 300 days of the 12 months, you’ll wait 10 minutes or much less to experience Journey into Creativeness with Figment. About 40 days per 12 months, it’ll be a 15 minute or shorter wait. It’s these different 25 days, when the wait time exceeds half-hour, when Lightning Lane will turn out to be useful right here.
The Remainder of Genie+ at EPCOT
The Seas with Nemo & Pals – We’ve got but to see a day when this attraction has run out of Genie+ Lightning Lane reservations.
Stage Reveals – At EPCOT, this implies Turtle Speak with Crush and the Disney & Pixar Quick Movie Pageant. Whereas Genie+ presents precedence seating, which might quantity to a greater view, it’s usually not all that advantageous for exhibits.
On the contrary, reserving a Lightning Lane for that is simply going to quantity to unnecessary backtracking or clicking within the app, and the chance price of not reserving one thing else. The overwhelming majority of company ought to merely do exhibits by way of the standby strains.
In the end, it is best to have the ability to knock out most points of interest by way of Genie+ utilizing Lightning Lanes on regular days in EPCOT. That is really a big shift, and as a result of additions of Remy’s Ratatouille Journey and Frozen Ever After within the Genie+ lineup, which had been beforehand Particular person Lightning Lanes. This are game-changers, and scoring each of these household pleasant rides plus Check Monitor or Soarin’ Across the World can prevent a ton of time.
Previous to that, the vast majority of company wouldn’t save a lot time with Genie Plus–actually nothing like Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios–however some will. Now, the circumstances are very completely different, particularly on days which have excessive crowds, which is extra widespread now that Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind has opened. Accordingly, we now suggest many company buy Genie+ at EPCOT, because the time-savings justify the associated fee. With that stated, you’ll be able to nonetheless accomplish just about simply as a lot by way of Early Entry or Prolonged Night Hours.
Planning a Walt Disney World journey? Find out about inns on our Walt Disney World Accommodations Critiques web page. For the place to eat, learn our Walt Disney World Restaurant Critiques. To save cash on tickets or decide which sort to purchase, learn our Ideas for Saving Cash on Walt Disney World Tickets put up. Our What to Pack for Disney Journeys put up takes a singular take a look at intelligent objects to take. For what to do and when to do it, our Walt Disney World Trip Guides will assist. For complete recommendation, the most effective place to begin is our Walt Disney World Journey Planning Information for every thing it’s good to know!
How would you rank your experience priorities utilizing Genie+ and Lightning Lanes in EPCOT? Stunned by any of the rankings in our prime 5, that Remy’s Ratatouille Journey takes the #1 spot, or is that this all fairly apparent? Are you planning on shopping for Genie+ or skipping it? Will you apply it to an EPCOT-only day, or solely when Park Hopping? Do you agree or disagree with our rankings? Any questions we might help you reply? Listening to your suggestions–even while you disagree with us–is each attention-grabbing to us and useful to different readers, so please share your ideas beneath within the feedback!