Investor Visas for Canada – A Guide to the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program
If you’re a high net worth individual looking to immigrate to Canada, the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) could be the right option for you. The program was established to attract experienced business people and investors who can help grow the Quebec economy.
In this article, we will discuss the QIIP program in detail, including its requirements, benefits, and the application process.
What is the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program?
The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program is a popular option for wealthy individuals who want to immigrate to Canada. It is a permanent residency program that allows successful applicants and their families to live and work in Canada.
The QIIP was established by the Quebec government to attract experienced business people and investors who can contribute to the province’s economic development. The program is designed to provide a pathway to permanent residency for individuals who have a net worth of at least CAD $2 million and are willing to invest CAD $1.2 million in a Quebec-based investment fund for a period of five years.
Requirements for the QIIP program
To be eligible for the QIIP program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Net worth – Applicants must have a net worth of at least CAD $2 million that has been obtained legally, either alone or with their spouse.
- Investment – Applicants must be willing to invest CAD $1.2 million in a Quebec-based investment fund for a period of five years. The investment is guaranteed by the Quebec government, and it will be returned to the investor at the end of the five-year period without interest.
- Experience – Applicants must have at least two years of management experience in a business, which they either owned or controlled, with at least two full-time employees.
- Language proficiency – Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in either English or French by taking a language test approved by the Quebec government.
Benefits of the QIIP program
- Permanent residency – The QIIP program provides successful applicants with permanent residency status in Canada. This means that they can live, work, and study in Canada without any restrictions.
- No age limit – Unlike other immigration programs, there is no age limit for the QIIP program. This means that even if you are over 50, you can still apply and be considered for the program.
- Education – Children of successful QIIP applicants are eligible for free public education in Canada.
- Healthcare – Successful applicants are eligible for free healthcare in Canada.
Application process for the QIIP program
The application process for the QIIP program can be broken down into the following steps:
- Submit an expression of interest – The first step is to submit an expression of interest to the Quebec government. This will allow you to be considered for the program.
- Invitation to apply – If your expression of interest is successful, you will receive an invitation to apply for the program. You will have 90 days to submit your application.
- Due diligence – Once your application has been submitted, the Quebec government will conduct due diligence to ensure that you meet the program requirements.
- Investment – If your application is approved, you will be required to make the CAD $1.2 million investment in a Quebec-based investment fund.
- Confirmation of permanent residency – Once your investment has been made, you will receive confirmation of your permanent residency status in Canada.
The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program is an excellent option for high net worth individuals who want to immigrate to Canada. With its flexible requirements, permanent residency status, and numerous benefits, the program is one of the most attractive immigration options available.