The mission for the Senior Frontend Developer is to build and improve the products and services of the platform as a member of an agile team that serves carriers and shippers in the Vehicle Transportation Industry of the United States.
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Super Dispatch in general.
- Collaborate on technical projects across teams within Super Dispatch.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and designers to tackle the interesting and challenging problems for building and growing an end-to-end (vehicle) shipping platform in the United States.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team with its mission, comprised of a product manager, UX designer, a backend engineer, and a QA engineer.
- Architect, design, document, develop, refactor, deploy, and operate customer-faced web interfaces that serve the Super Dispatch customers.
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience in general, at least 2 years of which is experience working in a product-driven environment.
- You have at least 1 year of TypeScript experience on Production.
- You have deep experience with the frontend development ecosystem: you understand modern ECMAScript, TypeScript, and React ecosystem features and shipped web products to customers using this knowledge.
- You are proficient in styling UI components and making the best possible UX.
- You are a constant learner, you can pick up new programming frameworks and concepts quickly.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code and user interfaces.
- You are familiar and have experience with good engineering practices.
- You have a hands-on experience shipping improvements to customers: CI/CD, build tools.
- You have a hands-on experience growing and guiding frontend developers.
- You have a hands-on experience with testing practices like TDD, unit testing, or UI testing.
- You have experience working and developing with Design System libraries
- You are leader of the web development community, affecting and driving our architecture across the company.
If you consider yourself an eager learner, a conscientious worker, and a thoughtful, kind, supportive human, you might just thrive at Super Dispatch.
To be successful, you will need a combination of problem-solving, technical, and communication skills. We expect you are:
- Proactive – you act without being told what to do. You bring new ideas to the company.
- Flexible / adaptable – you adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Move fast – you execute quickly and get things done.
- Growth driven – you seek growth in learning, efficiency, and celebrate wins.
- Customer focus – you are truth-seeking individuals who can empathize with customers. You patiently listen and take feedback to solve problems for customers.
- Communication – you can comfortably communicate in English (speaking and writing). You are able to share knowledge and experience with team members via documentation.
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Graduate from Super Dispatch’s company-wide new employee onboarding program. You’ll get caught up with who we are, how we work, and what we’re building.
- Understand the full functionality of Super Dispatch products, as well as the greater auto transportation industry and competitive landscape.
- Have knowledge on how applications run on web, how the performance is measured, how development and deployment are managed.
- Understand the core parts of the codebase, start reviewing pull requests, ship small changes.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Collaborate on technical projects, especially platform/component improvements within Super Dispatch.
- Contribute to open source projects which have been developed by the company.
- Collaborate with engineers, UI/UX designer, CTO/Director of engineering to tackle the interesting and challenging problems for supporting and enabling an end-to-end (vehicle) shipping platform in the United States.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Start expanding your involvement and work with different teams on their challenges and improvements.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
Within 12 months, you’ll…
- Be a valuable contributor of the team you work with and within Super Dispatch in general.
- Be a contributing member of the frontend developer community of Super Dispatch affecting and improving our frontend components across the company.
What we do:
Super Dispatch is one of the fastest growing tech startups in Kansas City, and we’re transforming the world of vehicle shipping. The Super Dispatch platform is a one-stop-shop for everything Carriers and Shippers need to move cars faster, smarter, and easier. Backed by cutting edge technology and best-in-class software, Super Dispatch is the advanced auto transport experience taking carriers and shippers into the future.
Who we are:
Our diverse team is composed of highly motivated professionals with a passion for solving big problems with technology. Our core values are built around learning, growing, evolving, and continuous experimentation. We believe and practice taking bold risks. We embrace failure as a lesson. We put our team first. We are committed to supporting each other and helping each other grow on this journey.
To apply for this job please visit superdispatch.breezy.hr.