On Could 18, Arkansas Single Mum or dad Scholarship Fund started accepting functions for Fall 2022. Right here is all the pieces you have to learn about easy methods to apply for a single mother or father scholarship!
Why ought to I apply?
ASPSF’s purpose is to ease the monetary burden of single mother and father wanting to enhance the standard of life for themselves and for his or her households. We do that by versatile scholarships that can be utilized for the largest monetary obstacles in the way in which of faculty. And we offer many companies and assets to assist single mother and father by their schooling journey to commencement and sustainable employment with family-supporting wages.
The place do I apply?
Go to aspsf.org/applynow and click on the “Apply” button, which is able to take you to https://aspsf.submittable.com/submit the place you possibly can start the applying course of.
What’s the deadline for 2022 Fall Scholarships?
How a lot is an ASPSF scholarship?
Scholarships vary wherever from $300 to 1,200 per time period. Award quantities are based mostly on quite a lot of components together with enrollment standing, credit score hours, and size of program.
What’s an ASPSF-approved faculty?
Our college students attend quite a lot of in-person and on-line faculties. We work with college students to be sure that their faculty of selection is a top quality program that provides a pathway to commencement and a profession with family-supporting wages.
What forms of levels or certifications can I take advantage of the scholarship for?
We provide scholarships to college students pursuing bachelor’s levels, affiliate levels, certificates, and commerce faculty applications.
Am I eligible for an ASPSF scholarship?
To be eligible for an ASPSF scholarship, college students should:
- Stay in one of many 66 Arkansas counties we service or Bowie County, Texas
- Meet our definition of “single mother or father”
- Be a authorized resident of the USA (or a resident with DACA standing)
- Have a highschool diploma or GED.
- Not beforehand earned a bachelor’s diploma
- Have a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Have a family revenue usually no more than 250% of Federal Poverty Tips
- Full or are within the means of finishing the Free Utility for Federal Scholar Support, or FAFSA, (not required for DACA college students or these in an authorized short-term coaching program)
- Attend or plan to attend an ASPSF-approved faculty or coaching program
- Pursue a level or certification that results in employment at family-supporting wages
Extra details about our eligibility necessities is right here: aspsf.org/eligibility.
What are the steps to making use of?
- Go to https://aspsf.submittable.com/submit
- Create a free account on this software portal
- Fill out the primary a part of the applying, which is just a few questions to find out in case you are eligible for the scholarship.
- Fill out the second a part of the applying, the place you enter and add further details about your faculty, profession targets, lessons, funds, demographics, family, and so forth. TIP: You don’t have to finish the applying abruptly. It can save you a draft and submit later!
- Hit “Apply” on the backside of the web page.
After you submit your software, ASPSF will assessment it and allow you to know should you qualify. New candidates will then be invited to an interview.
Do I’ve to write down an essay for the applying?
No! However you’ll be requested to reply a couple of brief reply questions: why did you select your schooling program, what do you propose to do after you graduate, and what are your targets for the semester.
What paperwork will I would like to supply within the software?
Earlier than submitting your software, you’ll have to supply some paperwork together with:
- Proof of your single-parent standing
- The primary two pages of your most up-to-date 1040 Federal Tax Return
- Your Pell Grant or FAFSA scholar help report
- Your unofficial faculty transcript; official transcripts ought to be despatched to the e-mail indicated within the software
- Your present class schedule
- A signed ADHE launch (we offer this!)
- A signed media launch (we offer this!)
Extra details about the required paperwork is right here: aspsf.org/required-documents
I’m a returning applicant, is the applying course of totally different for me?
Not presently. At present, within the new portal, all functions are the identical.
I missed the June 15 deadline! What do I do?
You possibly can apply for a Spring 2023 scholarship. The deadline to use for that cycle is October 15. We are going to announce on our web site and social media channels within the coming months when the portal will open.
I nonetheless have questions! Who can I ask?
Ship us an e-mail at [email protected]!