The Convention on ‘Hong Kong Bilingual Authorized System: Retrospect and Prospect’ will probably be held on 26 and 27 August 2023 on the College of Hong Kong. Organised by the College of Regulation of the College of Hong Kong, the convention is the primary main worldwide tutorial convention to give attention to authorized language of Hong Kong. The Convention goals to offer a platform for specialists and authorized practitioners from residence and overseas to current their analysis and sensible views, in addition to to offer networking alternatives. Along with the presentation periods, workshops will probably be held on quite a lot of matters, masking each theoretical and sensible features. Because the Official Languages Ordinance is approaching its fiftieth anniversary, this Convention will assessment the challenges and alternatives of authorized language of Hong Kong, and supply new concepts and instructions to information the additional growth of Hong Kong’s bilingual authorized system.
「香港雙語法制：回顧與前瞻」研討會將於2023 年8 月26 日及27 日在香港大學舉行。 本研討會由香港大學法律學院主辦，是首場以香港法律語言為主題的大型國際學術研討會。 本研討會旨在為國內外專家學者及法律從業員提供平台，發表研究成果及實務意見，以及 提供交流、聯繫的機會。本研討會除設有專題報告環節外，亦會舉行不同主題的工作坊，兼顧理論與實務層面。適逢《法定語文條例》實施接近50 年，本研討會將回顧香港法律 語言的挑戰及機遇，並提供新思維、新方向，引領香港雙語法制進一步發展。
Consultants, students, practitioners, and college students within the area of authorized language analysis are invited to submit papers on any matter associated to Hong Kong’s bilingual authorized system and the authorized language of Hong Kong. Every paper could have a tentative presentation time of quarter-hour and a dialogue time of 10 minutes. Papers are significantly welcomed on the next matters:
現誠邀國內外從事法律語言研究的專家學者、法律從業員、學生等提交任何與香港雙語法 制或香港法律語言有關的論文。每篇論文報告時間暫定為15 分鐘，討論時間為10 分鐘。
1. The event of the widespread legislation in Chinese language
2. Developments and challenges in the usage of Chinese language in courtroom proceedings
3. Developments and challenges in bilingual legislation drafting
4. The impression of knowledge expertise on the usage of Chinese language in legislation
5. The event of bilingual authorized training
6. Improvement of authorized Chinese language within the Higher China Area
1. This Convention is performed in each Chinese language and English, and abstracts are welcomed in both Chinese language or English.
2. Abstracts must be nameless and mustn’t exceed 400 phrases.
3. Please ship your summary in Microsoft Phrase (*.docx / *.doc) or as a textual content file (*.rtf / *.txt) to
[email protected] on or earlier than 30 April 2023 (Sunday).
請於2023 年4 月30 日（星期日）前把論文提要以Microsoft Phrase 電子檔 (*.docx / *.doc)
或文字檔案 (*.rtf / *.txt) 發送至 [email protected].
4. Within the electronic mail textual content, please embody the (1) actual identify, (2) affiliation and place, (3) correspondence tackle, and (4) electronic mail tackle of the writer(s).
請於電郵內文註明作者的 (1) 真實姓名；(2) 所屬機構名稱、職稱；(3) 通訊地址及 (4) 電子郵件信箱。
5. Every particular person could submit a most of two particular person papers and two co-authored papers.
6. Abstracts will probably be anonymously reviewed and accredited earlier than they are often introduced on the Convention. Evaluate outcomes will probably be out there on 31 Could 2023 (Wednesday). 論文提要將經匿名評審，通過評審後始能在研討會上報告。評審結果將於2023 年5 月31 日（星期三）公布。
7. A few of the introduced papers could also be printed in a guide, tentatively scheduled for 2024. The ultimate choice of acceptance will probably be made by the Organising Committee of the Convention primarily based on the tutorial normal and sensible reference worth of the paper.
部分發表的論文可能編集成書，並暫定於 2024 年出版。錄取論文與否，以其學術水平及實務參考價值為衡量標準，最後結果由研討會籌備委員會決定。
8. Convention participation is free (together with a convention dinner on 26 August 2023 for invited company and paper presenters). Convention members are answerable for their very own journey bills to and from their fatherland to Hong Kong, meals, lodging, sightseeing and transportation prices in Hong Kong in the course of the Convention. Paper presenters coming from outdoors Hong Kong will obtain a modest subvention in the direction of their prices.
參加會議是免費的（包括2023 年8 月26 日為受邀嘉賓及論文發表者舉行的會議晚宴）。 與會者須自行負責來回原居地與香港的交通費，以及研討會期間在香港的住宿、膳食、觀光和交通費用。來自香港以外的論文發表者將獲得適量的費用補貼。
For enquiries, please contact Mr Wilson Lui (Pre-Doctoral Fellow and part-time Lecturer, HKU College of Regulation), Ms Alice Lee (Affiliate Professor, HKU College of Regulation), or Mr Edmund Cham (Adjunct Affiliate Professor, HKU College of Regulation) at [email protected].
如有查詢，請電郵至 [email protected] 與呂致延先生（香港大學法律學院博士前研究員、兼任講師）、李雪菁小姐（香港大學法律學院副教授）或湛樹基先生（香港大學法律學院客席副教授）聯絡。